The Transformation of NTI to a trully Academic Institution
- NTI has migrated from the civil service salary to the consolidated tertiary institutions salary structure (CONTISS) and presently to CONTRAISS.
- The engagement of Academic Professionals and consultants to help reposition the institute to ensure its role as a leading teacher education institute in the country, has greatly transforms it into a trully academic institution.
- The establishment of the School of Education, has enhanced and improved the quality and standard of its academic programmes.
- The change of nomenclature from Finance and Administration Department to Bursary as obtained in other higher institutions of learning gives NTI an academic outlook.
- Prompt payment of course facilitators honouraria at the end of every semester who were hitherto, owed
- Prompt conduct of examinations and release of results with the appointment of an examination coordination whose duty specially centred on examination examination issues.
- The strengthening of Mathematics and Science Education (SMASE) located at the Institute Headquarters